Aims and Philosophy of Knightsbridge School: At KS we educate and nurture the whole child, providing opportunities for each child to discover and develop their unique talents and abilities in a variety of areas including emotional, spiritual, academic, cultural, moral, linguistic and physical. We create a culture of achievement within a vibrant and quality learning environment ensuring positive reinforcement at all levels of ability through appropriately differentiated expectations. Our mission is for Knightsbridge School children to stand on their own as lifelong learners, growing in confidence and independence, prepared to be major contributors for tomorrow.
At Knightsbridge School pupils are encouraged to play hard, work hard and make the most of every opportunity open to them. This way they achieve their full potential. They are taught all British National Curriculum subjects to a high standard and modern languages from Reception age upwards. French, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Mandarin Chinese are currently offered.
The school fosters a strong sense of community and provides a supportive, nurturing and warm environment. Small classes overseen by highly qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic staff ensure that boys and girls benefit not only academically but also personally. By developing their self-esteem and confidence they grow into happy, independent all-rounders of healthy body and healthy mind.
Located in the heart of central London, Knightsbridge School is a modern preparatory school founded in September 2006. KS offers a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum preparing both boys and girls for 8+, girls for 11+ entry to secondary school and boys for 13+ entry to public day or boarding schools. The school begins in the Nursery class with full-time education for three year olds and goes through to 13 year olds in Senior 8 and Common Entrance examinations.
Vision, Mission and Statement of Aims
"We have built a community with a warm, nurturing environment. Our staff are fun, inspirational people. I expect fantastic teamwork between teachers and parents with a common goal: to make sure our boys and girls are confident, happy and challenged all-rounders, with healthy bodies and healthy minds." Magoo Giles, 2006
At Knightsbridge School, we educate and nurture the whole child, providing opportunities for each child to discover and develop their unique talents and abilities in a variety of areas including emotional, spiritual, academic, cultural, moral, linguistic, creative and physical. We create a culture of achievement within a vibrant and stimulating learning environment ensuring positive reinforcement at all levels of ability through appropriately differentiated expectations. Our vision is for Knightsbridge School children to stand on their own as lifelong learners, growing in confidence and independence, prepared to be major contributors for tomorrow.
Mission Statement of Knightsbridge School
The Mission of Knightsbridge School directly reflects the school's Vision Statement and embraces the Academic Mission of the School. It seeks to:
• create a culture of achievement and positive reinforcement at all levels of ability;
• adopt a forward-looking and innovative approach which reflects our awareness of current and future trends without sacrificing traditional strengths;
• provide high-calibre staff who are themselves open to learning and who are given extensive training opportunities for continuing professional development;
• provide a high quality learning environment with a happy, vibrant atmosphere, and within it a sense of purposeful learning and a climate of open, friendly communication, mutual trust and respect;
• educate the whole child by providing opportunities in breadth and depth for the concurrent development of all dimensions of school life - emotional, spiritual, academic, cultural, moral, linguistic, physical and creative;
• discover and develop the unique talents and abilities of each individual, in accordance with the philosophy and vision of the school;
Aims of Knightsbridge School
We aim to provide a holistic approach, wherein the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural values we espouse are embedded in every aspect of school life. We aim to foster and develop a caring community where everyone feels respected and valued and children are happy. The Aims of Knightsbridge School embrace the Educational Aims of the school.
1. PARTNERSHIP - We aim to sustain and nurture the close partnership between home, school and the local community;
2. AUTONOMOUS LEARNERS - We aim to develop self-motivated learners with an enquiring attitude who aim for the highest standards in all that they do;
3. LEARNING ENVIRONMENT - We aim to create a stimulating and happy environment in which all children can fulfil their potential and in which we celebrate their achievements in all areas;
4. RESPECT FOR ALL - We aim to establish a courteous, caring and disciplined community in which self-respect, self-discipline and a sense of responsibility are fostered along with concern for others so that children are supported and support each other;
5. CURRICULUM FOR ACHIEVEMENT - We aim to provide a wide and varied curriculum that is appropriate to the needs of each child, will best develop successful learning strategies which prepares them for the next stage of their education;
6. EVERY CHILD MATTERS - We aim to embrace the principle of 'Every Child Matters' and work towards the five outcomes: Be Healthy; Stay Safe; Enjoy and Achieve; Make a Positive Contribution; Achieve Economic Well-being.